The student news site of Coral Gables Preparatory Academy

The CGPA Times

2016 NHL Playoffs

Bryan Hehir and Dylan Mozdzer, Editor & Staff Writer

The 2016 NHL Playoffs have been one of the most surprising playoffs ever, as every first seed team has been knocked out from both the Eastern and Western conference.  The first seed is the top team in the four divisions that are in the NHL.  The remaining teams are the San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Penguins, and the Tampa Bay Lightning.  The Sharks have clinched and will be playing in the final game for the Stanley cup.  The Stanley Cup is the trophy that is awarded to the team that wins in the final series and is one of the most iconic traditions in sports history. The Penguins and Lightning however are playing in their final game tonight in a 3-3 series to find out who will play the Sharks in the Stanley Cup Final.

There is a lot of anticipation to find out who will come up on top in the game tonight. In my and Dylan’s opinion, we believe that the Penguins will be the team to advance to the final.  This is because the Penguins have players with more playoff experience. NHL star Sidney Crosby is one of the best NHL players in the league if not the best who is a starter for the Penguins.  With his skill and leadership, we believe he will carry his team in the game tonight against the Lightning.

Depending on who wins tonight, the Sharks will most likely continue their hot streak as they have been the underdogs of the playoffs this year. We and many NHL fans look forward to seeing what will happen in the rest of the playoffs and which team willcome out on top in this year’s Stanley Cup Final.

.

2016 NHL Playoffs